Incivility in Retail66% of retail employees say they are exposed to incivilities, and 68% are stressed or anxious in a context of chronic incivilities(1).
Retail incivility refers to rude or disrespectful behavior that occurs in a retail environment. Whether by employees or customers, this behavior detracts from the overall shopping experience and can negatively impact customer satisfaction and loyalty, or the overall atmosphere of an establishment and employee well-being.
To combat incivility in retail, it's important for companies to establish clear policies and expectations for respectful behavior and take steps to enforce those policies if necessary. This can include training employees on how to handle difficult situations, providing resources to manage conflict (e.g., Thoonsen's THOOBEE® solution), and taking disciplinary action if necessary.
Most plants seek to implement an alert system to combat safety problems in their stores. The threats identified are mainly daily incivilities and armed robbery.
The goal of the solution to be implemented is to allow in the each case :
• To warn the store personnel (sound messages, light alarms, PUSH/text messages, etc.) to protect them ;
• To identify the type of threat in order to implement the procedures planned by the Security Department (evacuation, containment, etc.) ;
• To instantly report any problems encountered to the hierarchy (Store Security Department, region, national) and, if necessary, to the police.
GOOD-TO-KNOW : as part of the protection plan for isolated workers, when a member of staff is alone with a client (beauty treatment booths, etc.), the French Labor Code requires that a device be made available so that the employee can report any situation of distress (Art. R4512-13).
THOOBEE® SOLUTION by THOONSEN
In response to these problems, we recommend the THOOBEE® solution designed and developed by us, offering the following advantages :
• Wireless solution
• Reliability (entirely dedicated non-hackable solution, simple and efficient)
• Versatility (self-installable and 100% customizable : texts, messages, number of buttons, etc.)
• Evolutive solution
The employee simply presses the alert button. The message is sent directly to the dedicated receiving device, with no intermediary, allowing a quick intervention in case of need.
OUR TWO SOLUTIONS :
- Anti-incivility help buttons
PROTECTION OF PEOPLE ON A DAILY BASIS
The help buttons improve the daily security of the establishment. They make it possible to report a problem and obtain the help of employees quickly in case of incivilities or everyday challenges.
- PPMS attack alert buttons
INDIVIDUAL SECURITY PLAN (« PPMS »)
The « PPMS » system makes it possible to warn police and all staff members quickly in the event of an intrusion or attack, and to launch the previously defined security protocol.
> READ THE ARTICLE "WHAT IS PPMS” ?
> SEE THOONSEN's THOOBEE SOLUTION PAGE
(1) Study by Cabinet Eléas for the French National Assembly.